Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's OCTOBER! And Here's A New Vector.

I like Halloween, to put it mildly.

Working on lots of watercolor stuff for school, but made a vector on my own, since Charlie was so fond of my other ones. Some day I will have two portfolios, one for the vectors, one for the traditional watercolor. For now I have to concentrate on one area. Curses. So I'm doing vectors in my spare time (Read as "at 2 AM").

And now I have this:


Which came from this doodled in a notebook while working on my Red Riding Hood watercolor school piece:



This is about the same size as the original doodle.

The wolf idea came from various sources, some personal, but one inspired by the 10th Kingdom miniseries where the wolf is mostly human.

I always feel disappointed seeing my vectors not in an ai file. No matter what I do they are distorted in some way. Sigh. Here the colors are a bit off. The colors are more vibrant here: http://roguehobbit.deviantart.com/art/Red-99563189 though more likely to be ripped off so thus the giant watermark on the full size version. You can also see the full thing there.

B
ut I'm pretty happy with the final ai file. I had a lot of fun with shapes and colors and flatness of perspective which I just can't capture with watercolor. Hopefully I'll have more vector ideas and time to do them. Must work on Halloween costume as well though...

No comments: