Tuesday, October 16, 2007

George Looks Out of Place

Spent most of the night on my painting due at 2 today. Still not happy with it. Here it is currently:



The background and figure don't seem to go together very well. Bah. I should work on it more...

There's something moving in my room. >.> <.< It's not the cat, because he's in my lap...Just investigated, can't find anything, though the noise seems to be moving around. I evacuated some of my stuffed animals to the common room. Yes, I have stuffed animals. Well, a stuffed paopu fruit and a Ninja, and then the others are animals. I bought myself a blue dragon one for my 21st birthday. I'm not weird at all. Anywho.

Back to the art aspect of the blog, though the bug noises are distracting (it sounds angry), here's a blurry pic of my New Yorker cover idea:



We're supposed to do a cover for "New York during Halloween" and we kept a look out for ideas while we went on our bus trip to New York. We saw a random girl dressed in a suit and wearing a skull mask, handing out fliers. Well. That's my roommates cover idea. I didn't get a picture of that, but I did of this:



Which I incorporated in some of my thumbnail sketches for ideas, a witch fashion display. But I eventually went with my first idea, before even going to NY, and that was the Statue of Liberty dressed up as a ghost. I like the cartoony-ness. This is just the color comp, the finished one will have the yellow and orange applied better, but I like the texture of the scratchy lines.

Update on my hair-coloring attempt: I dyed more of it last night, but it just seems to be making my hair darker, more then coloring it. I have yet to get in some direct light however.
I really should get back to working on the painting...

No comments: