Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oh, For A Light Table...

I've figured out why it took so long for the weather to get colder. Persephone and Hades are having a marital spat, and she didn't want to leave her mother. :/

Well the critique of George Rocking Out went well. First time in a long while where I thought I got a positive critique. No glowing adorations (except from Matt, who is a Fine Artist and lives upstairs, and likes guitars: "Is that a guitar? Cool. Is that freaking George Washington!?!"), but I got the sense it was liked, and did get some good feedback from my classmates on how to perfect it, like by adding details to the guitar, and white to the spot lights. So yay. Will do that.

So this Materials and Techniques class was going well, we've just been using watercolors and every class I finished the assignment ahead of time. But now we're moving onto oil glazes. I hate glazes. We have to do an acrylic under painting and then use oil on top, of a celebrity and a pet. Not an animal that looks like them, but of one that has some characteristics of the person. Like powerful, or sly...like that. So my one idea is of Meg Ryan and a Platinum Pearl Cockatiel. Ryan makes me think of something small and perky. And sometimes loud and obnoxious, as Sam described it when I told her about my animal and celebrity pick. Here's the sketch:



I wish I had a light table. :( I could actully do my homework at home instead of freaking out about when I'll have the time to go to school while it's still open and get the key to the closet where they are kept. I didn't finish my work today, even with a full 3 hours spent on it. You wouldn't think animating my name would take so freaking long. It's hard to do. Perspective is my enemy, and 3D letters are not my thing. So most of the drawings I did today had to be thrown away, because something was always wrong with them. Sigh.

I should probably be doing something productive with my time right now, as I have no homework due tomorrow, I finished it in class last week. Hmm. Maybe I'll clean my room...

No comments: