Monday, October 15, 2007

In-process, In-Studio & Purple Hair

Thought I'd put up another incomplete piece, this is due tomorrow so it won't be unfinished for long. We had to paint either George Washington, the Tooth Fairy, or Santa in a weird position/place. So we have here George rocking out. The color scheme is still giving me issues. Bleh. It's watercolor, and when everything is painted it will have ink outlining.



And here's the limited palette, colored-pencil piece I talked about in my last post, I'm very proud of it. The best I've done of Robin ever. He even said so. Heh, poor Robin he's used to seeing crappy drawings of him from me. But now I have a colored-pencil piece to put in any portfolio. Yay!



Went to the Guitar Store yesterday, did a sketch of one of their Halloween displays. Might put that up later, if I do another sketch dump. I should take better pictures of my last two sketches that I put here too, sigh.

I'm trying to dye my hair purple. So far the top layer has a purple sheen to it, but that's it. I'll be working on my painting tonight, but maybe tomorrow after I give Tandy a bath and before class I'll try to get to the rest of my hair. Once all the under layers are finished I think it will show up more. I hope. I have light brown hair so I don't see why it's not showing up better...but I do have a lot of hair...Guess I'll have to make sure I get all of it. This idea started while I was at work, and I asked if I could spray my hair purple for the day (we're selling those cheap hair color sprays) and my boss said I could, since the sale signs were purple. So he sprayed my hair and then the assistant manger's hair too (it showed up better on his, he had less hair and it was lighter). It made my hair feel like spider webs. -_- But I liked the color. So I bought the nice dye stuff. Here's my hair with the crappy stuff on it:



So far the nice stuff looks better, and not like my hair is crappy cheese-cloth. Must get ready for class now, and find out what grade I'm getting on this blog. Dun DUn DUN.

No comments: